We have been plugging away here in our new, old home. First, I can only say that I am finding myself again. It just sort of hit me about 2 weeks ago that I was beginning to feel like my old self. I felt happy and had a smile on my face even in the midst of whatever daily issue was happening that day. That must mean that the stress of our house project is lifting. There is a definite light at the end of the tunnel, even though the end would arrive faster with more help and more money - hahahaha!!! We have decided to "finish" our project ourselves. There are a number of things that Brent is completely capable of doing and will take on himself. Mainly bc it will cost us more time and more money to have the builder's people do it and then Brent have to redo later (as has been the case these last few weeks). Brent's "honeyDo" list is mostly finishing or redoing work we paid for - yes, we just expect for things like the plugs and switches to be straight on the wall, so that means (re)doing it ourselves. Then, there are a few things that we'll oversee and contract out ourselves -- we're not completely crazy, just mostly crazy.
Here are a few "phase 1" pictures as I'm calling them. The pictures show a basic layout for the rooms, but the decorating has yet to commence.
we found someone to remove the stump from our yard that had been there almost 1 year. Very interesting to watch. At one point my thoughts reverted to The Flinstones intro where the waitress puts the big rack of dino on Fred's car and it tips over -- just knew we'd have a large truck in our yard WITH the stump, but it worked out fine.
after about 6 wks of mud and then dusty gravel, we finally got a driveway. The first day out all the kids fell and scrapped something!
Living Room -- there's cute wallpaper to go up in here! Then rehang my curtains and Voila! this room is d-o-n-e, done.
Dining Room - also cute wallpaper for this room. We're looking for a new table, sideboard, and chandelier too. I really like my mother-in-law's sideboard and am searching for something similar. She also has a great drop-leaf table that I have drooled over for 20 yrs that would be fabulous in front of the window in here. I'm not having as much luck finding something similar to that...
and the long awaited hot pink family room - the furniture arrived last week. I need to find someone to sew the curtains I want bc there is no way I can do all that myself. And we are still working on a design to incorporate a mantle and built-ins on the FP wall.
well, that's all I can muster for now. The "accomplished" list is getting too long to post -- I'll just have to say that it's all getting there.

3 comments:
Love the hot pink...so you!!!
I was looking for the "pink" picture. LOVE IT. So Cheery!
tara this is amazing. i cant stop reading and seeing your house transform.
the ceiling in the room is BEAUTIFUL. was it like that or did you install the beams?
that color is awesome and those chairs are so wonderful.
Post a Comment