Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

The Preschool Program
Vay's class was dressed as Pilgrims. Her bonnett was a bit small for her big noggin', and she was unhappy about it during the entire program. Each year there is a Thanksgiving program and then a Thanksgiving meal. Next year I'll have 2 in preschool. How will I eat 2 meals and sit at 2 tables? Already told Brent he'd HAVE to be off for this hour and a half.


Love, love, love, the small hands clasped in prayer!
What a nice time - just the 2 of us. It is truly amazing each time I am able to have only one child with me how differently our interaction is. Still haven't figured out how to have more one-on-one time (out of our normal environment) with each of them.
And the rest of the month went like this:
I placed our CrackerBarrell to go order in plenty of time. Brent only gets Thanksgiving Day off work, so we again enjoyed a relaxing, peaceful, no pressure day. Our only expectation of the day was a good meal and family time. We began with the Macy'sDayParade, then on to a little football. Brent left to pick up our food and we all changed out of pjs and into sweats then baked the pecan pie (frz), made the mashed potatoes, and set the table with our regular plates and paper napkins. Brent got back with the giant box of food and we dished it out. Then the fight over who got to say the prayer began. Our solution was that each person got to pray or say what s/he was thankful for this year. The best had to be Bish who was thankful for "Mr Doug and that he has candy." (side note, this is one of our ministers at church and a good friend of our family who keeps candy in his office and the kids go in each day after preschool for a piece.) Clean up was a cinch and we had tons of leftovers! Then it was naptime - yippee!!
Brent left bright and early (well, dark and early really) Friday for work and I packed a little bag for everyone and we headed to my mother's for a couple of days. Our return on Sunday took almost double the amount of time it usually does to travel between houses and reminded me why I haven't been to visit family during the Thanksgiving holiday in a few years. I lost count of all the accidents within accidents for our short 200 mile journey.
How do you like to spend your Thanksgiving Day?

No comments: