Emma was at camp this year on her birthday, so we just had to drive up there to wish her a happy one. We took a cake, but left the presents at home since we had agreed to have her official celebration when she got home from camp.
We got her home on Saturday and she made her birthday dinner selection as well as her "cake" pick. I made the pan of brownies she wanted and we had the requested spaghetti dinner before opening presents. Her list was quite pathetic this year to be honest, but I remember those years too. She got some cards with cash to spend, a Forever 21 gift card, new birthstone earrings, and a new purse with an activated cell phone inside. Then it was off to birthday brownies. I guess it won't be too long before the birthday request is a car - ugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment