Monday, October 29, 2012

Birthday Time

Birthday time again.  Wow.  My baby is 5 now.  I can tell he's the 4th and that he's getting older bc it's a challenge each year to remember specifics of his birth -- like the time he was born.  I remember the general time of day, but not the exact minute.  Good thing I scrapbook so I can easily look up info like that.
 

I love the excitement he shows with his gifts!

another Lego boy
This is Bishop's first and very own Lego set.

again, the excitement is wonderful -- even Vay is excited about his gift of batman rain boots.
Then we got a little fashion show with him modeling his new boots.


The large package in the first photo is this gift that he wanted and has wanted since getting different pieces during the last year of this particular set of toys.  It started with the blue dino last bday, then the T-Rex at Christmas, and some "guys" to go along a different times of shopping weakness.  The funny wrapping story is that this item didn't fit into the "large gift bag" from the store.  So the next size was "giant gift bag."  I assumed it was for a child's bicycle, but it was big enough for me to get into and wrap up (all of a sudden I'm thinking of Sally Draper playing in the dry cleaning bag!!!)  Anyway, the castle was a total hit - with everyone.

 
Bish asked for a Batman cake this year.  Once again - out of my realm.  So I ordered one.  The Batman part was good, but the Batman options (or I should say option) was quite boring (to me).  I wished they'd had a "classic" version with a Batman - instead with got a cake with the newest Batman vehicle and bad guy vehicle.

No comments: