First, yesterday the guy took out most of the ONE tree we're loosing for this project. It's bittersweet because we hated to loose any trees, but if one had to go, this one was the one we didn't like and don't mind seeing cut.
Now, I say he took out "most" of the tree because obviously one does not pay to grind out a stump when one will be digging 10ft into the ground in that exact spot. So, the tree removal was a pretty good deal on the ole budget.
Second, Carl said to me today that he'd been waiting on the "mobilizing" phone call. Well, apparently the guys forgot to call him because there is huge CAT machine parked in our driveway. BTW, Bennett was thrilled beyond belief to see his favorite thing right in his own driveway! Looks like there'll be some serious digging going on very soon - as long as the weather continues to hold out.
Can't wait to get some pictures of excavation! Check back soon. Oh, and I added some pics to previous posts, so scroll through again.

1 comment:
Hey Tara!
I can't belive it is finallly happening! Seeing the Tyvek wrap is so strange. Did you really find newspaper and beer cans? That is so funny. That is probably the best recycling story I have heard! HA When that house was built, going green meant that you ate something that doesn't 'sit right' in your stomach!
Post a Comment