Thursday, May 1, 2008

framing days 10-12

I just can't put all the awesome pictures of the work going on in the house on this blog...so here it is in a verbal nutshell.

There is a new back staircase from the friends' entrance, the framing for the coffered ceiling in the family room has been done, the cuts have been made in the original house for transomes over the living and dining room entrances, and the fireplaces are framed in addition to all the work that is readily visible outside.

We have "joked" with our builder that we're not his run-of-the-mill job, but he didn't get that we weren't talking about the house but about us. Case in point: apparently the roof was in the way of a window upstairs. We wrung our hands over the correct placement, number and spacing of the windows during the design phase with the architect, but apparently one cannot always build a house as drawn - something about "in a perfect world..." anyway, Brent and I were touring the house a couple of nights ago and noticed the window in the master bath watercloset was just barely over the top of the potty - and it looks right into the neighbor's driveway. We talked with the window guy, who, by the way, is almost as OCD as we are!, about making that one shorter when he mentioned a change upstairs that the framer called him about last week. I ended up meeting him at the house to go over these things and low and behold I almost went postal when I saw the change that had been made. I'm sure he was, at a minimum, glad he was not the man who was married to me! anyway, after a little discussion we worked out everything before it became catastrophe #2. So, we will again be explaining to the builder that we realize this is his line of work, but we want to be notified of every tiny adjustment before it's made. That'll probably come back to bite us!

well, here's a couple of shots from framing day 12.

No comments: