We have a new roof - at least on most of the house. On the flip side, we have no ceilings anywhere except the upstairs of the original house. The downstairs ceilings were completely ripped out in order to put in some new wiring for lights. We had a successful meeting today with the granite/marble supplier; by successful I mean that it looks like we stayed within budget and can get everything we wanted.
Our builder gave Brent a roll of neon green ribbon today and said to put it on anything that needs attention. Can you say, "Mistake!!" There are several scenarios potentially at play here. 1. he wants to cut down on the number of phone calls from us, 2. he wants to cut down on the number of emails from us, 3. he wants to see if we'll be so particular if we have to tie ribbon to everything, or maybe 4. it's a good visual in order to make fun of us with the subs on the job. Anyway, we went over today after the electrician and used a good amount of the neon ribbon. I thought I'd email the builder and tell him we need another roll! hahahahaahaha. The only real stress we're experiencing right now with this project is the stress caused by the guys doing what they do for every house instead of what we want for our house, but I think we're making progress in that regard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Who are you kidding?! Of course you will need more green ribbon. Just wait until punch list time when you can put flourescent sticky notes on everything!
I just found some of our "blue tape" from our walk-thru the other day. It has been over a year... I bet they won't come back now and fix it. HA
Post a Comment