Well, it's been an interesting week. First, Ike rolled through town Sunday knocking down trees and powerlines. We didn't loose power at the rental, but did at our house. Luckily we had no damage to our house. But, without power, nothing works. So, the interior trim was delivered, but it can't be installed until we get power. That could be another week... (oh, and school's been out all week too!)
So, I mentioned the delivery of the interior trim. Well, it seems the "talk" had a couple of weeks ago between Brent and the builder (about calling us before making changes himself) didn't stick. Maybe I'm generalizing the conversation too much... We ordered doors with NO holes/hinges. We also made a special order of hinges and door knobs. The builder rebid our trim package with another carpenter - tons cheaper, so that was good (and very nice of him to consider our budget). That carpenter doesn't have whatever is needed to work with doors without hinges/holes. Again, not a seemingly big deal, except that the builder changed our door order without talking to us about it. Now, I'm sure this will all come back to be my fault since it's my job to review the purchase orders and give our approval. I don't routinely read multi-page purchase orders of trim packages containing abbreviations and stock numbers of which I'm unfamiliar. Again, I'm sure it's my fault because I should have called the office to walk me through each and every line before giving my approval, but since we'd spent two days totaling 4+ hours with the trim supplier - at our house, going over every opening, etc., I assumed all those numbers and abbreviations were for the items we'd specifically said we wanted. I'm just so upset that someone who isn't going to live in the house nor pay for the house is the person making the changes. What else can we say besides "we want to make all the decisions" to make our desires of such understood? I'm sure things will get worked out, I'm just tired of finding out things after they've been done - it's a waste of everyone's time and energy and our money.
I'm too frustrated to continue. I'll post later with the other updates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Seriously Tara, you could just read through all the paper work at night after you get the 4 kids fed, bathed, and put to bed. It's not rocket science for cryin' out loud. : ))
Post a Comment