Tuesday, April 14, 2009

a Quick update

My lack of information must mean only one thing - we're too busy getting things done. Or vacationing as the case may be. The hubby and I took a nice 3 night jaunt to a warm and sunny locale. We had a great time - thanks again to our host! We finally tried (and liked, mind you) sushi. This after I took the kids for a quick trip to Nashville to see cousins and grammy.

So, Brent installed the new water chiller/insta-hot filtered water and then hooked up the automatic coffee pot. (It's ashame to need this coffee pot. I actually need coffee before I can make coffee, so this Bunn cures my ills in the morning bc all I have to do is push the start button.) He has met with a landscaper and a master plan is being worked so we can work on our yard gradually. He also met with the shutter guy and a quote is being worked on. The trim carpenter has no-showed 2 or 3 meetings, so he'll start from step one again on that. He has also been busy hanging curtains, display boards, etc.

We have our kitchen tiled backsplash and all the tile repairs in the other bathrooms. We hired a very nice plumber to fix our leak and replace the outside hose-bibbs and reposition the powder room vanity. We are having the shoe mould in the kitchen and our bathroom put in, as well as getting a couple of interior thresholds (annoyance- no one thought that thresholds might be needed during the project...). The laundry room floor and extra cabinet top are ordered and we're awaiting installation.

I've been looking at a myriad of things from curtains to furniture. I emptied about 15 more boxes last week (in hopes of finding some items that were packed). I now have almost all of my china unpacked, but I still can't find the stands - haha. I have ordered LR and DR wallpaper and I think I have someone to hang it (since I've been told how crazy I am to think about attempting it myself given the kids and carpools). I bought ribbon to trim the chandelier shades in the kitchen, and ribbon to sew onto the bedskirt for our new bedding. We ordered 2 new bedside tables too and are awaiting delivery. Can't for the life of me find a seagrass/sisal/jute type of rug in 11x14 ready to order, so I have a source to check to "make" one.

Last Friday the whole family worked on the basement. We didn't add any finished space down there, but we added more stuff. We can now fit the sofa and loveseat and decided to keep most toys down there and out of upstairs bedrooms. So, we cleaned a large area in the unfinished area and laid out our big carpet remnant for a play area. All the other toys are stored in 2 big floor-to-ceiling cabinets for easy access and cleanup.

Our next immediate list is some easy stuff that makes it look like we've done a lot -- hanging some pictures on the walls, more curtains, shelves and other organizing type things for the kids books and toys, and other accessory type things like mirros. I also have "paint the closets" on my list. That should be fun - removing all items in the closet for however long it takes to paint, dry and second coat it.

The grass is growing! Soon the kids will be able to run and play in the yard!! Well, it seems as if we've been doing more than that, but maybe the extra is daily living stuff.

I'll post Easter soon, so check back.

2 comments:

TMA said...

Good carving! :) hee hee You have been busy. I wonder how much more would have been done quicker had you guys not moved back in before it was done. Easier for the construction guys to put off or bail out now that you are there already. Good luck!!

Holly said...

I need to see some pics! Backsplash, Master bath, wallpaper samples, back porch etc!!!