Monday, June 22, 2009

new addition

I forgot to mention our newest addition- a Toyota Sequoia. There was an expensive repair to the van and since it was closing in on 100K miles, we decided to trade it. (100K is nothing on a toyota, but it does effect it's trade-in value and we were considering a new vehicle within the year anyway. And VayVay had started referring to the van as "the bus" which didn't give either of us feelings of coolness.) Not tons of options for a family our size as some of you may also be aware. What I mean is the Escalade is identical (except for the price) to Suburban and Yukon, so that's 3 in one basically. Brent researched, researched, researched and I drove no less than 3 of these beasts, most on an overnight test so that we could take the kids to places to really test it's functionality for our family. It's much bigger than the van, so I'm getting used to that in parking lots and on some narrower streets.

2 comments:

MadMonkMcElroys said...

very nice. Enjoying it? Better watch out when you say, "New addition."

TMA said...

It is cute. Does not look that big in the pics, at least. I loved my big car but city living has converted me. I parallel park 6 times a day so my life has gotten much easier. Plus I have half the brood you do! :)