Emily is the daughter of Jan, one of my best friends, and was our sitter for a while. She was a good one too bc she would stand up to Vay. : ) Several weeks after her engagement I offered to give Emily a shower. The couple later decided on a beach destination wedding, so we made this event a couples shower in order to accomodate the friends that would not be able to make it to the wedding. Apparently things for a beach wedding were working out as well as the garden wedding plans had initially. The day Jan and I were addressing the invitations for the couples shower/party she shared that Emily had said she wished she'd thought things through more and were getting married at this party. I told Jan the only difference was a cake and some chairs. That's how it changed into a wedding.
The next day Emily, Jan and I were discussing the change and decided that since we had party invitations that read "come celebrate the impending nuptials," (they were super cute!), it would be fun for the guests to be surprised. But, as you might imagine, it's challenging to keep such a big secret especially when so many people needed to know in order to arrive early.
That's how it changed into a surprise wedding and then into not a surprise.
It was beautiful!
It was beautiful!

4 comments:
More pix please...jen
was too busy being hostess; must wait on photographer.
it does look like the potential for loveliness in the wedding category. I am sure the wallpaper was wonderful, not that anyone probably even noticed it!!
I did, I did! I loved it, but I got a day before look! It was beautiful, I managed to only get a few pics on my iphone and the KISS on video on the iphone, will have to share! So sweet! You and Brent can throw a party! It was so much fun!!
Post a Comment