Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Dinner, anyone?
Last night we had soup and grilled cheese. Sounds pretty mundane, right? Well. Yesterday was a perfect day for a warm soup and sandwich dinner bc the day began with some snow flurries. We made our dinner selection. I need to backtrack momentarily--date night several weeks ago, we went to Jack's and ate at the bar - very uppity casual. I had the mushroom fume to start (and end). We spent a great deal of the evening talking with the elderly couple sitting next to us at the bar and learned that the fume is canned and sold locally. Back to last night -- Brent popped open a can of the fume and proceeded to make 1/2 stick of butter, minced garlic and some parsley into a paste of sorts. He spread that on each side of the sourdough bread. Then he loaded the bread with cheddar, brie, havarti, and asiago cheeses. You have never put anything like it in your mouth. Now, I know most of you can't get the soup, but you could substitute with something akin to a french onion or any other favorite you have. Then just follow the instructions above for the best soup and grilled cheese you've ever had. You know it's that good if I had to blog about it! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What does Brent make that isn't awesome? Seriously, that man has too many talents! Thankfully we get to have some of his wonderful cooking from time to time! I need a can of that soup Tara! Where do we find it?
Okay, I am about to google it but I have never heard of fume...at least not as a food item! I am so unsophisticated, I guess.
hmmm, still am not completely sure but I found this!! I am assuming this is the same place...just googled fume and found this link...pretty coincidental :)
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/equus.shtml
TMA-- you got it!! it's like a mushroom bisque, just more uppity. Seriously, it a little thicker and has large pieces of mushroom. But alas, all good things must come to an end; apparently the owner isn't canning the soup for sale any longer. Good thing Brent found the last 6 cans at the local grocery.
Post a Comment