Thursday, November 5, 2009

Random Stuff

I realized I never shared my other FAVORITE wallpaper. This paper is in the back "service hall" area. I have loved this paper since seeing it in the Ballard catalog. I felt Ballard's price was entirely too expensive, so I searched, and searched, and searched some more for this paper. I looked at thousands of pages of wallpaper online trying to find it. One day I was checking a new site, but it was quite tedious bc the papers were pictured in the wallpaper books and not just as individual pictures on the site. The books were alphabetical. I started looking thru these virtual wallpaper books that I thought might be my best bet for a design of this nature. As my day was slipping away, I decided to check the "velluto" book bc I wasn't sure what it might contain. I found several papers that were backups for the service hall. THEN it happened. On the far right I saw THE paper in blue. I scrolled to the next line and voila!! I was ecstatic!!!!! It was a huge discount on price too. So I ordered and it arrived the next week. I planned to put it up one night when Brent was working nights. My friend was helping and realized it was not prepasted. UGH!!!! I jumped in the truck and got to homedepot before it closed and got the paste. We go to it for a few hours. Every tiny error we made was miraculously covered. I talked and talked and talked about how this whole wallpaper ordeal was a God-thing. He loves me and wants me to be happy and therefore made it all work. He does care about the tiniest details of our lives. : )



"The New Pet"
I saw this painting in a warehouse window for weeks driving the kids to camps this summer, but the place was NEVER open. No phone number or other way to know what was going on. I drove Brent to see it one day bc I thought it was fabulous. I just felt like a big, happy dog was standing in front of me wagging his whole body waiting to lick me. Brent said he didn't like it - he thought of Cujo.
A few weeks ago I went to pick up our broken mailbox post. The welding shop was next door to this warehouse and there was a sign in front that read "yard sale Sat 8 til." Needless to say, Brent said we could get it bc he knew it really made me happy and smile. It was a huge bargain too! It is 4x6. I want to mount it right near the door so everyone gets the feeling of being greeted by a big, happy dog, but it may be too big bc several people cannot get far enough back to get the perspective to see it's a dog. I say it's our new pet bc we don't have a pet right now. This one doesn't need to be walked, fed, or kenneled when we go out of town. It doesn't chew shoes or pee in the floor. It's the perfect pet. So, it's got a new home, but we'll see where it ends up inside the house.

No comments: