July is a busy time for us - our anniversary, then 3 days later is Vay's bday, then 10 days later is Emma's bday. Not to mention all the friends and family bdays and anniversaries this month; July is almost as busy as December in that regard.
So, here are our birthday celebrations...
Vay's bday was in the middle of the week and we had to work her celebration around Brent's work schedule which meant on her ACTUAL birthday I made her a bday muffin and we let her open a little present of dresses and flipflops. The next afternoon we had her cake and presents.
Bride Barbie!!
I remember Emma getting a "big girl" bike from her Mimi and Poppa on her 5th bday. Vay got a cool princess bike that has a seat for her baby too. She was very excited.
This cake business is beginning to get out of hand - or at least out of my comfort zone. If I keep this up, I'm going to need to take a cake decorating class because the kids ask for cakes that I can't make. Brent continually suggested we get the Dora cake from kroger, but I just couldn't spend $20 for a cake that didn't taste good (I very much dislike - we don't say "hate" - the crisco tasting icing they use.) Anyway, Vay wanted a Dora cake so that's what she got. Through the green forset, over the muddy river, to the 5 year old treasure chest!
Emma's bday fell on the weekend, so it was very open - so much so that she basically celebrated 2 nights. We did pizza and a movie (at the theater!) for a family night, then the next day Em had her softball game, presents, cake, another movie at the theater, and her dinner pick at 5 Guys.
She liked this CAbi top when I had my show in Feb, so I got it and hid it 4 months. I'm lucky I remembered it at all. (I might be able to wear it too!)
Emma's list consisted of some horses, a movie, and money. She's certainly 13.
And because 13 is such a momentous birthday, we gave her a pair of (small) diamond earrings. They were mine, but I believe I was 18 or so before I got them. I remember getting a ring with my birthstone on my 13th, so I wanted to give her something special that she would hopefully remember for a lifetime.

No comments:
Post a Comment