Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beginnings and Endings



What a busy time of year. Seems as if each "time" of year is busy these days, but, oh well.




It's the beginning of 7th grade and ...


BRACES!!
(8.4.11)

It's also the end of the backyard project!


We screened in the back porch adding a vent hood for the grill; put in the pool, spa, and a pergola; fixed our drainage issues by burying all the downspouts off the back of the house and diverting the water to the edge of the property; adding a patio off the family room; and landscaping the backyard including sod.




wow, this concrete truck was VERY close to the house, but there wasn't anywhere else for him to go.

spa

limestone pool surround

stone set in the turf for the new patio


the new patio outside the family room



This part of the project was the best - and totally unplanned. As I was working on the sod line with the landscaper, I said I couldn't commit to the back line bc I needed to get the playset moved. After a few minutes of conversation he asked to where I wanted it moved and I stepped back and over about 30 ft. He yelled to the 11 guys on the job that day and they picked up the playset and set down where I wanted it. No small feat. Anyway, the mulch then arrived in a matter of an hour and the backyard was TRULY finished. (except for the treehouse Bennett wants to add.)


the finished pool!

No comments: