Friday, September 2, 2011

Happenings

We, of course, have thoroughly enjoyed the pool this last month. The first few days Vay wouldn't get off the steps even though we repeatedly explained that she could stand with her head above water all the way to the spa. After watching her siblings swimming all over, she decided to brave it. We gave her some goggles and within 2 weeks she was THROWING herself under the water and swimming! She hasn't yet braved the deep end and we don't think she's quite ready either, but she's even doing handstands now in the shallow end. Bish needed goggles too since everyone else had them. He loves to jump off the side and can jump nearly halfway across the pool! He has never had a swimming lesson, so I'm sure once he gets the basics (yes, I'm trying to teach him to kick his feet, but it's more fun for mom to pull you around the water) he'll be a little fish too.

The swimming has not helped with the tangles. Even with conditioner and tangle spray, there were still tangles. Vay is apparently as sensitive as I was as a child, so I offered to take her for a haircut. After she saw pictures of Emma with her cute little bob around age 5-6 she wouldn't stop asking when she could get her hair cut.



looks just like Emma!!!


1 comment:

TMA said...

At first, I seriously thought you had just posted pictures of Emma when she was little. wow! And that picture of Bishop? He and Burkitt look very much alike with goggles on!