Well, in what is being called "typical fashion," I hauled myself upstairs last week after spending my first day completely in bed. There was laundry to be done. I sat on the floor with my leg stretched out which felt fabulous after having been elevated for 2 days. The kids helped a bunch - Vay brought everyone's dirty clothes basket and helped load the washer and even move clothes from the washer to the dryer, Emma helped with the items that needed to be hung up to dry and with folding, Bish came in periodically to ask me to fix a toy, and Bennett put away his clean clothes. In between loads I figured I might as well iron since I didn't see any point in hauling myself up and down the stairs multiple times. (I did not use crutches on the stairs! I just sat on the step and lifted myself up to the next step.) So Emma set up my ironing board and handed me the items needing pressing.
follow-up appt is Tuesday - pretty sure I get a hard cast that day unless I can convince the orthopod to let me keep this one so I can have Saturdays free of bandages.

1 comment:
The good news is it doesn't look too swollen anymore. i hope that means you are healing and I hope that means you have been doing what you are supposed to and keeping it elevated! See you in TWO days!!
Post a Comment