GOOD: yesterday my cast was removed. (I begin PT next week.) I now have a removable boot, so that means I can -- get a pedicure, sleep under the covers, swim with the kids, take a bath/shower without a plastic bag on my leg, enjoy physical touch (thinking massage here) on my sad little leg.
NOT AS GOOD: I still can't walk for 3-4 weeks. This information was a little upsetting because I remembered the doc saying non-weight-bearing for 8 weeks. That time is in 2 weeks, but it didn't fit the regular follow-up appt schedule the doc keeps for patients. I have my followup surgery scheduled for the week prior to Thanksgiving. There may have been some confusion about when that surgery was needed because the doc said he doesn't usually take out hardware for 3-4 months, but I thought I couldn't put weight on my leg with the hardware in... Either way, 2 of the 5 screws are coming out in a month - that should probably be in the "good" category.
Overall, I am going to say that I am happy with the events of my appt because I can take off the boot and have some freedom even if I can't walk just yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment