Saturday, January 28, 2012

January's recap

January started, as usual, in catch-up mode --catch-up on sleep, catch-up with friends, catch-up on organization, and catch-up on chores.

After spending several days with my sister and her family, the kids and I came home in time to get some decorations taken down and to spend time with friends on New Year's Eve. Then it was back into the swing of things with school. Lots of school related things to do with the change over for next school year -- yippee, I'll have 3 of the 4 at least on the same school calendar even if not on the same campus.

A holiday in January is a great thing! My mom took the kids for the weekend and Brent and I had our SECOND weekend alone in about 2 months!!! We enjoyed sleeping late, dinner with friends, brunch with friends, shopping together, and the best part of all, an Elvis concert!!! No jokes here about him still being alive even though it felt so real sitting in those seats seeing and hearing the impersonators. They were incredibly awesome -- so much so that Brent said he got a little bleary eyed during the American Trilogy. So you can only imagine how I felt during the entire 3 hour concert as I am the HUGE fan in our house (but being rivaled quite nicely by the girls).


50's
68 Comeback


70's concert years


When the kids saw the video snipet I'd taken (bc really!, who can go to one of these and not get a shot or video-- it's actually not very good quality, but the kids asked if it was Elvis) and I told them we were ALL going next year, they were super excited.




No comments: