Saturday, September 22, 2012

September Update

We rolled through September without any brakes.  We spent a lot of time getting into a groove with school work, church, extracurricular activities, and making plans for later in the fall.

On Sept 19 my friend, Theresa, texted me early that Krispy Kreme was giving away free donuts to Pirates on National Talk Like a Pirate Day.  Brent and I had hilarious text conversations all in pirate speak.  (I later read those to some people who rolled with laughter.)  Anyway, I'm not a very spontaneous person, and am certainly not one who enjoys dressing up or dressing up the kids for things, BUT we had lots of priate stuff and it was a quick run-in and get free donuts, so I did it.  I got all the garb for the kids and took them straight from school.  The deal was a dozen free donuts for each person dressed as a pirate (and talking pirate), so they tried to give me 3 dozen donuts for my 3 little swashbucklers.  I refused, only taking 1 doz for our scurvy lads and lasses.

No comments: