Thursday, July 30, 2009

Busy July

It's the end of the month and boy, was it a busy one. It began with a surprise (for me) trip to Chicago for our 16th anniversary on the 3rd. [on a side note, my hubby gets bonus points for putting up with me around our anniversary bc at least 2 of the last 3 yrs I've nearly ruined his surprise to me. and just by being myself - not trying to find out anything!!] We had an interesting dining experience at Tru, enjoyed walking and shopping on Michigan in the fab weather, and of course got a Diorganos pizza. I thought about all the neat things another friend, and blogger, "Pink" had done on her recent trip to the same area and wished we had attempted some of those things. But instead, we slept late, ate alot, and enjoyed the respite from parenthood.


We returned home in time to celebrate the 4th at our church cookout and fireworks display on the 5th. Our friend does an excellent job setting up the fireworks to music - he could change professions from minister to pyromaniac. This was also the bday of a good friend (and I hoped I remembered to wish her well that evening).


The next day was VayVay's 3rd bday.
I did think ahead enough to order 6 little Critter Cakes from the local bakery which is excellent for me bc I otherwise would have just planned to get them during my surprise annv trip. :-0


Then 10 days later was Emma's 11th bday. We celebrated with my sister (whose bday was the day before) and her 4 kids. We took all 8 children to the amusment park. Yes, insanity runs in the family.
The next week we celebrated above mentioned pyromanic friend's 40th. His big surprise party had been the last weekend of June, so this evening was much lower keyed.
And here are all the people whose special days we missed in June and July: Robbye's bday, Daddy and Judi's anniversary, Matt and Debbie's anniversary, Spencer, Brian Bur., Midge, JR, Aunt Carol, and Debbie's bdays.

1 comment:

RaeChelle said...

You of did remember to wish me a happy bday Tara! I wouldn't have let you forget, LOL :) Wow, I know Vay and I have close bdays but it's so hard to believe that the little baby girl I still remember is 3 and can actually say my name now, Raegan instead of just Rae. I miss those days! :)