No Way! Flurries!!
They do help me transition my mind from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I really wish there were more time between halloween and the new year. I just don't enjoy the rushed 8 to 10 weeks. I don't feel like there is time to appreciate each holiday for what it is and what it means. And of course, there is never enough time to do everything. The frustration that builds up from the pressure to go, and do, and see everything puts us all on edge and we miss lots of opportunities to just "be" and show one another love.
So, this year I am going to try to stop thinking about how it can't be Christmas time already and reorganize my time for shopping and making things like teacher gifts that seem to jump on me last minute. I will find recipes or crafts that can be made (or purchased!) well in advance so our regular life doesn't up-end all of my attempts to be the cool mom, sister, friend that found or did "just the right thing." Because my goal is not to give the best gift, but to give from the heart. Be it with a physcial present or a hug. So, when you receive a Christmas card that isn't handmade, know that it was still picked out with you in mind bc you are special to me and I love you.
Here's to a positive, well organized, loving holiday season!! (and now I'm contacting my friend, everythingpink, for tips on how to accomplish this task. lol)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment