Saturday, March 26, 2011

Irish Day Parade

Even though Brent had to work, we weren't going to miss going to my dad's for the annual Irish Day Parade. I loaded up everyone and off we went. The main street through town is of course closed to traffic for the parade route (and I only know of one other road through town because it's been so many years since I lived there, but it's used for the parade return and is also "closed"), so we have to arrive early. We sit at about the midpoint of the route, so it is also a little longer of a wait and there are not the activities here for distraction as there are at the end of the route with the carnival and food. The weather was absolutely fabulous! My initial impression was that the recession hit the parade because only one float had the "good" candy (candy bars); all the rest were Tootsie rolls, peppermints, and dumdums and of course some beads and one float tossed stuffed animals of which we were the recipient of one.
waiting
Grandpa bought cotton candy
what's an Irish parade without men in kilts?

No comments: