Friday, February 6, 2009

Quote of the Day

This exchange was too funny not to share! Our fabulouso mailman, Jim, happened to be delivering a pkg (thx auntB) today as Brent was returning home. (Jim had backed his mail truck all the way down the driveway probably bc of all the ice). I noticed, as I was cleaning paint off of the hinges in the DR, that the 2 men were engaged in quite a lengthy discussion. Brent told me their conversation and it's a must share.
Jim mentioned some damage he's sustained at his house in Sept from Ike and then last week with the ice. Then he said how his contractor basically half-*ssed the job each time and how annoyed he gets with that type of attitude. He concluded with,"I almost went postal." HILARIOUS!!!!!
Anyway, this was great news to me that I am not alone in this world! I don't feel that complacency should be rewarded. Hence the struggle throughout this project. Now that we are home and doing everything ourselves, things go quicker bc they are done just once - the right way the first time. "Measure twice, cut once" comes to mind...
All of this came after a ph call this morning from a sub-contr company--the man was telling me that they are very backed up bc of said ice storm and that I could probably fix the problem by jiggling the sensor. I explained in my nicest, "I'm not as stupid as you apparently think I am" voice that I would be happy to do their work after paying for such expensive items from his company, but that the problem was not what he had indicated, bc we already know that trick. We're on the schedule for next Friday.

How do you feel about complacency in this day and age?

No comments: